Thursday, August 13, 2009

Howzat?

Busy weekend of cricket approaching.

Tomorrow evening I'll be coaching the juniors. On Saturday I'm being wheeled out to play in the 1st XI. We're in with a decent chance of promotion for the second season running, and have a couple of key players missing and for some reason they think I can do a job! I've already retired once this season after realising that although my heart want to play, the body (knee) just aint up to it. I'll have to stand and swing from the hip as they say!

Then on Sunday we have a day when we're trying to raise money for our local children's Hospice Ty Hafan. We decided rather than put a paying sponsor on our match shirts this year, we'd put the Ty Hafan logo on to raise awareness of the great work this local charity does. So we've got an inter-club match with juniors and seniors playing, a bouncy castle, candy floss, a BBQ, welly wangin' and a raffle with some great prizes - tickets to Cardiff Blues Rugby, Glamorgan Cricket matches, Newport Wasp speedway and more besides. I'll be doing my chairmanly bits. Hopefully the weather will stay fair (forecast is OK) and we can raise a bob or two.

Then on Monday I'm going back to work for a rest.

No comments: